Thursday, February 24, 2011

SharePoint 2010: Large Search Box & Scopes

My previous post did not include a style for the search scope drop down. Use the following to CSS to update the search scope from:


Download updated files HERE

How to implement:

  1. Upload the custom master page into the master page gallery
  2. Navigate to the following location on your server: “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\STYLES”
  3. Create a folder called “LGSEARCH” and place the “lgsearch.css” and the two image files into this directory.
  4. Apply the “lgsearch.master” to your site.


venkat said...

Thanks eric. it was very helpful.
Can you please guide me how to skin Sharepoint 2010 PerformancePoint Services Webpart. Its getting difficult if i am trying to do that using inspect element of the browser as the html generated is messy and complex.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this article. One thing, though: I have the larger box for the scopes pull-down but the original border around 'All Sites' is still present. Is there any way to remove this? I tried modifying the .CSS file but perhaps I did this incorrectly. Here is how I modified the class:

.s4-search .ms-sbscopes{
background-image: url(searchbox.gif);
background-position:top left;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
border: 0px #25724c solid !important;
border-right: 0px #9d9d9d solid !important;
height: 10px !important !important;
padding:3px 5px 0px 0px !important;
margin-left: 0px !important;
vertical-align: top !important;
position: relative;
left: 5px !important;

Sharepoint Consulting said...

Looking forward to reading more. Great article post.Thanks Again. Really Great.

Dan Kline said...

Hi Eric. I'm not seeing a scope dropdown even though the scope is configured to show. Any suggestions?

Dan Kline said...

I tried it with a vanilla masterpage and the Scope DDL is there. I'm investigating what's different in my custom Master.